We are looking for a Buyer / Materials Controller - The primary focus of this role is to procure electronic components and associated hardware for a music technology product.
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Home Based with occasionally office requirement (London)
PLEASE NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
We are looking for a Buyer / Materials Controller - The primary focus of this role is to procure electronic components and associated hardware for a music technology product. The role will involve building relationships with external suppliers, maintaining stock levels, placing and receiving of purchase orders and overseeing the companies MRP system.
- Primary purchasing contact for external suppliers
- Follow end-to-end purchasing process for material requirements, including both off the shelf components, as well as sub-contract assemblies
- Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers, identifying opportunities to make business savings
- Use your knowledge and experience of electronic components to support Engineering to find solutions to any supply challenges we may face
- Working with part numbers/ drawings / BOMs & specifications
- Manage incoming stock and carry out regular stock checks on site (High Wycombe)
- Work closely with Operations & Engineering on forecasts & build plans
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years purchasing experience
- Experience within electronic components
- Understanding of supply chain/distribution market
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent communication skills with customers and suppliers
- Experience of Stock Management / MRP System
- A great organiser!
- BOM Management (engineering change orders), Manufacturing Processes, Documentation Control, Logistics
- Knowledge of procurement best practices
Qualities and Attitude
You will be passionate about three things... Technology, Music and Changing the World! You will be an inquisitive, creative and quality obsessed individual. We are a small, fast paced team so you need to be able to work in a dynamic environment that values clear communication but equally happy to work autonomously.
- Ability to positively participate in a team environment
- Ability to continuously seek opportunities for improvement
- Work with a meticulous eye for detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Awareness of wider business agenda with an ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders with credibility and influence
- Ability to work with autonomy
- Problem-solving approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator