About the Role
As a Cloud Engineer at Audoo you will be reporting directly into our CTO and will be joining a small, agile engineering team. The purpose of the role is to collaboratively design and build the cloud microservices to support our smart audio meters. The primary functions of the Audoo cloud are to coordinate the globally dispersed devices to gather fingerprint data, identify the correct songs, securely store the data gathered and produce timely and accurate reporting to our partners. You will be an experienced engineer, well versed in AWS cloud software development, ideally using Clojure or a similar functional language with a focus on writing tested and maintainable code. Experience in microservices, REST APIs, data and analytics is highly desirable.
You will be joining a small agile team that is on a mission to bring about a music royalty revolution!
You will be passionate about three things… Technology, Music and Changing the World! You will be an inquisitive, creative and quality obsessed individual. We are a small, fast paced team so you need to be able to work in a dynamic environment that values clear communication and happy to work autonomously. You will be passionate about building reliable, tested and scalable cloud services with an understanding of cloud architectures.
Must have skills and experience
- Experience in developing, building, testing and releasing cloud software, ideally written in Clojure or any other functional language
- Highly experienced in delivering quality, testable code that is clear, concise, well-documented and adheres to commercial standards
- Experience in AWS services, data storage, SQL, scalability and security
- Experience of Agile Software Development practices (TDD, CI)
- Experience with Jenkins build and Continuous Development release processes
- Understanding of microservice, Linux and container architectures
- Demonstrable understanding of testing throughout the product lifecycle, both at code-level (unit testing) and application-level (manual/system/automation testing)
- Excellent communication skills as you will be working closely with business stake holders as well as technologists and will need to be able to clearly understand concepts
- Ability to thrive at a start-up – investigating, defining and experimenting to build high-quality, tested and engaging software as well as identifying activities that sit outside of your primary role requirements
- Experience with internal and external API integrations
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business and coordinate with 3rd party partners as and when is needed
- A keen eye for detail, not just in development, but when creating supporting technical documentation as well
Bonus skills and experience
- Start-up experience
- Experience of analytics capture, organising data and generating business insights
- Passion for the music industry!
Although this is a predominantly remote role, some travel in and around the UK on a monthly basis may be required.
As and when international travel to potential manufacturing partners may also be required.