About the Role
We are investing in our data and analytical capabilities as we enter an exciting phase of growth and are looking for a data analyst to join our small, agile engineering team. Reporting to our Head of Data you will work collaboratively with our tech team and internal stakeholders to identify and tell stories found in data, develop and track KPIs, validate report output and ultimately help shape the Audoo product offering. Ideally, you’ll have an interest in scripting languages and machine learning techniques.
You will be joining a small agile team that is on a mission to bring about a music royalty revolution!
You will be passionate about three things… Technology, Music and Changing the World! You will be an inquisitive, creative and quality obsessed individual. We are a small, fast paced team so you need to be able to work in a dynamic environment that values clear communication but equally happy to work autonomously. You will be passionate about data quality and surfacing clear and accurate insights from a wide variety of data.
- Define and take ownership of report validation processes
- Create dashboards, visualisations and management reports to track KPIs and identify key trends
- Analyse large and complex datasets, draw valid inferences and present actionable insights to stakeholders
- Promote data usage across the business, including non-technical colleagues
- Monitor and report on data quality
Must have skills and experience
- Experience using excel or other software visualisation tools to manipulate, visualise and present data
- Experience using SQL to interrogate and manipulate data
- Demonstrable experience of working with stakeholders to define insight requirements, manage delivery of analysis and debrief findings
- Experience joining together multiple data sources and undertaking analysis from complex data
- Experience of Agile Software Development practices
- Excellent communication skills as you will be working closely with business stake holders as well as technologists and will need to be able to clearly understand and disseminate concepts appropriately
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business and coordinate with 3rd party partners as and when is needed
- Ability to thrive at a start-up – investigating, defining and experimenting to provide valuable insights as well as identifying activities that sit outside of your primary role requirements
- A keen eye for detail, not just in the development of insights, but in defining requirements as well
Bonus skills and experience
- Start-up experience
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with data warehousing concepts
- Passion for the music industry!
Although this is a predominantly remote role, some travel in and around the UK on a monthly basis may be required.
As and when international travel to potential partners may also be required.