About the Role
As a Data Engineer at Audoo you will be reporting directly into our CTO and will be joining a small, agile engineering team. The purpose of the role is to collaboratively design and build the data pipeline, warehouse and reporting to support the business with insights. The Audoo cloud coordinates our devices to securely gather fingerprint data and stores the results in an analytics event stream. The role of Data Engineer will be to define a data roadmap and work on the algorithms to produce timely and accurate reporting to our partners. You will be an experienced engineer, well versed in data and analytics in AWS or similar cloud environments and used to writing testable, maintainable code. Ideally, you’ll have an interest in data visualisation and machine learning techniques.
You will be joining a small agile team that is on a mission to bring about a music royalty revolution!
You will be passionate about three things… Technology, Music and Changing the World! You will be an inquisitive, creative and quality obsessed individual. We are a small, fast paced team so you need to be able to work in a dynamic environment that values clear communication and happy to work autonomously. You will be passionate about building reliable, tested data systems in the cloud.
Must have skills and experience
- Highly experienced in analytics capture, organising data and generating business insights
- Experience in AWS services such as Redshift and Kinesis as well as SQL
- Experience in delivering quality, testable code that is clear, concise, well-documented and adheres to commercial standards
- Experience of Agile Software Development practices
- Excellent communication skills as you will be working closely with business stake holders as well as technologists and will need to be able to clearly understand concepts
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business and coordinate with 3rd party partners as and when is needed
- Ability to thrive at a start-up – investigating, defining and experimenting to build high-quality, tested and engaging software as well as identifying activities that sit outside of your primary role requirements
- A keen eye for detail, not just in development, but when creating supporting technical documentation as well
Bonus skills and experience
- Start-up experience
- Experience with internal and external API integrations
- Interest in machine learning
- Passion for the music industry!
Although this is a predominantly remote role, some travel in and around the UK on a monthly basis may be required.
As and when international travel to potential partners may also be required.