About the Role
This role is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely production of the quarterly management accounts and the completion of all statutory reporting for Audoo Limited.
Management Accounts: Overall responsibility for the month end process in terms of reviewing work of the team for accuracy and completeness, to include:
- Ensuring all control accounts have been correctly reconciled by the Finance Assistant
- Supervise the completion of journals relating to accruals, prepayments etc.
- Clear out all Suspense accounts prior to month end close
- Ensure supporting schedules are completed on a timely basis ready for review prior to Management Meeting
- Maintain the monthly financial statements Payment Runs:
Cash Flow Reporting:
- Perform initial review and upload payment runs into Internet Banking system
- Ensure Director approval happens on a timely basis so that payment due dates are met
- Prepare and report cash flow on a monthly basis considering input from Finance reports, Project milestones and sales pipeline data
- Prepare long term cash flow forecasts
- Ensuring all finance processes are robust, fit for purpose and meet statutory and legal compliance requirements
- Support for a programme of continuous improvement in the department
- Provide support to the Head of Finance and CFO on weekly tasks and monthly routines
- Assist with the completion of VAT returns (including deferment VAT) ensuring deadlines are met
- Assist with the completion of R&D Tax Credit claims
- Liaise with Payroll provider to ensure monthly payrolls are processed accurately for all group employees
- Ensure compliance with HMRC reporting requirements, auto-enrolment, P11ds, employee benefits etc.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register as well the register for all patents within the group
Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification – ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Preparation of management accounts and annual financial accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel.
- Previous experience of Xero Accounts system
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and related systems
- Knowledge of stock records and systems
Qualities & Attitude
You will be passionate about three things… Technology, Music and Changing the World! You will be an inquisitive, creative and quality obsessed individual. We are a small, fast paced team so you need to be able to work in a dynamic environment that values clear communication but equally happy to work autonomously.
- Ability to positively participate in a team environment
- Ability to continuously seek opportunities for improvement
- Work with a meticulous eye for detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Awareness of wider business agenda with an ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders with credibility and influence
- Ability to work with autonomy
- Problem-solving approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly numerate and data rationale
- Effective communicator